The program is a structured and supervised workplace-based training program which allows trainees to enhance their skills and develop additional competencies to their present field of expertise. The 407 Visa Program is designed for both candidates and host companies – having their training and enhancement of related occupational skills on-the-job.
Traineeship placement in Australia is an industry quality program and potentially leads to a permanent employment. This allows people or foreign nationals to come and stay to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development. This visa is valid for up to two years. For more relevant information, please visit the website of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
These are the minimum criteria set by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs:
- Are you between 18 to 50 years of age?
- Have you been employed in your field of expertise for a minimum of 12 months in the past 2 years?
- Do you have sufficient knowledge of the English language?
- If your answer is YES to all these 3 questions, then you are qualified based on the minimum criteria.
407 Visa Benefits
The 407 Visa Program is a Paid Traineeship Program.
- The hourly rate can increase depending on the offer of the host company
- A minimum of 30 hours of work per week. The hours of work can increase depending on the offer of the host company or the business needs
- Superannuation equivalent to 9.5% of the candidate’s annual salary. Superannuation is similar to a retirement plan
- An additional pay for overtime and weekend work